This low sodium pesto sauce recipe is a 5-minute no cook sauce that’s great on pasta, garlic bread, or in risottos. This pesto is salt free, but has tons of flavor!
Fresh basil, garlic, and olive oil are the stars of this simple and herby sauce. Make this easy pesto in a food processor, blender, or with a mortar and pestle.
I love pesto on pretty much everything, and this easy no salt pesto sauce is quick to make in 5 minutes. A big batch of this healthy, creamy sauce sure goes a long way. I mix it in with pasta and add a scoop to my risotto or toast for a low sodium burst of flavor.
There’s nothing better than the smell of fresh basil pesto in the kitchen! We grow basil all year round in our Aerogarden, so this is a fantastic recipe to make if you have extra basil to cook with!
This Low Sodium Pesto Sauce Recipe Is:
- Loaded with Flavor
- Made With No Cooking!
- Ready in 5 Minutes
Low Sodium Condiments & Sauces for a Healthier Meal
This low sodium pesto recipe is a fantastic sauce to make without the salt. We’re all about making recipes low sodium when we can. Low sodium cooking does NOT have to be bland, boring, or flavorless… It’s quite the opposite when done right. By building meals around fresh ingredients and bright flavorful herbs you can make healthier meals for you and your family. Check out all my low sodium condiment & sauce recipes here that are on LowSoRecipes. These easy and healthy recipes are fantastic options for everyone at your table.
What’s In This Salt Free Pesto Sauce Recipe?
I get all the fresh produce for my recipes from my garden and from Misfits Market – they sell all organic produce at a super discounted price, and it’s purchased direct from the farmers. We get Misfit Market boxes every month and love picking out our favorite seasonal produce for delivery. You can get $10 off your first $30 box by clicking here!
If you think organic produce is too expensive… think again, and give Misfits Market a look!
- Fresh Basil
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil: I like to use this fruity Zoe olive oil which has a fantastic flavor and deep color- it’s really inexpensive online here, so I keep a few liters stocked up in my pantry. For the quality of oil you get, it’s an excellent value, I would highly recommend!
- Pine Nuts are traditional in pesto, and SO good! If you don’t have pine nuts on hand. I use these walnuts which are a great substitute.
- Lemon Juice: Use fresh lemons if you have it, or this really great powdered lemon that you can keep in your pantry if you don’t have fresh lemons. This lemon is great for dressings, dips, and even cocktails.
- Red Chili Pepper Flakes: for a little heat! if you don’t like spice, you can absolutely skip them in this recipe.
Grow Fresh Basil on Your Counter All Year Long
We got this great 6-Pod Aerogarden which is fantastic for growing herbs in the winter. We actually got it when we lived in a smaller apartment, but even now that we own an acreage we still use it year-round! I love growing herbs on my countertop like fresh basil, dill, mint, sage, thyme, parsley, and lemon balm. It uses LED lights and water, so no messy soil needed – you can have fresh herbs at your fingertips any time. I love picking a few springs of parsley to chop on pastas, adding basil leaves to soups, and tossing some dill in with my pasta salads. This Aerogarden is a great gift for anyone who would like fresh herbs… no big kitchen or green thumb required!
More Low Sodium / Salt Free Sauce Recipes You’ll Love!
Share This Low Sodium Pesto Without Salt
And please feel free to share this recipe with your Facebook groups, friends, or family!
Low Sodium Pesto Sauce
- food processor
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2 bunches fresh basil
- 1/2 cup pine nuts toasted
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 lemons juiced
- Crushed Red Pepper Flakes to taste
- 1/4 cup water optional
- Add all ingredients to a blender, and blend until smooth.
- If pesto is too thick or gets stuck while blending, add the water 1/4 cup at a time until it loosens into a thinner consistency.
- Serve immediately, or store in an airtight container (or freeze) until ready to use. Lasts 2 days in the fridge.
Save Money on Fresh Groceries & Pantry Staples!I get all the fresh produce for my recipes from my garden and from Misfits Market – they sell organic produce at a discounted price, and it’s purchased direct from farmers to reduce food waste. We get Misfit boxes every other week and love picking out our favorite seasonal produce for delivery. You can save up to 40% off grocery store prices. If you think produce delivery is too expensive… think again, and give Misfits Market a try!
*Please note, all nutrition content is estimated based on the ingredients we used, it may vary based on your ingredients. Always check your nutrition labels to verify sodium amounts.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases, at no additional cost to you.