This low sodium omelette recipe is a high protein, vegetarian, and low salt breakfast or brunch – loaded with vegetables and spices. This easy brunch recipe is ready in 15 minutes, and is filling, satisfying, and so great for an easy weekend meal.
I love a good no-salt omelette, especially one loaded with heart-healthy vegetables and spices! Omelette are a great way to get some protein in your morning meal.
I used kale, tomatoes, and some fresh chopped parsley in my omelette but you can add any vegetables you have on hand. Peppers, onions, or mushrooms would be a fantastic addition!
I served this scramble over some homemade toast, and it definitely kept me full until lunch.
This Low Sodium Omelette Recipe Is
- Packed with flavor
- Vegetarian, gluten free, and high protein!
Easy Low Sodium Breakfast Recipes with Eggs
This no salt added omelette is what I call an Easy Weekend Meal– which is on your table in under 30 minutes. These quick and simple breakfast recipes are perfect for those days when you want a healthy home-cooked meal but don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen.
I have a whole section of this site dedicated to Low So Breakfasts, that are great for the whole family. A healthy meal can be on your table in no time, even first thing in the morning. These recipes are even faster than ordering from a diner for breakfast – and healthier too!
What’s In This Low Sodium Omelet Recipe?
I love shopping for fresh produce through Misfits Market – they sell groceries, healthy pantry staples, and fantastic food finds (even wine!) at a discounted price. Choose your favorite seasonal produce, save up to 40% off grocery store prices & save time by getting free delivery right to your door!
- Eggs – Eggs naturally contain about 60-70mg of sodium per large egg. We try to get cage free / free range eggs when we can. There isn’t any nutritional difference, but I always try to support animal welfare when I can!
- Onion Powder –adds a delicious and savory flavor to this dish
- Cayenne Pepper – add a little heat to your dish with this fantastic cayenne pepper. It gives this a nice flavor without adding salt!
- Vegetables Of Your Choice – I used Kale and Tomato and it was such a great flavor combination.
- Parsley – fresh herbs are a great way to add flavor to your recipes without sodium.
- Unsalted Butter – we only use unsalted butter in all our recipes, it’s a great way to cut down on your salt & sodium intake with a simple swap.
- Tellicherry Peppercorns: It’s amazing the flavor difference you can get with really good tellicherry black pepper. Amazon has a generic brand tellicherry peppercorn which is the same price is buying pre-ground, and will add way more flavor to your recipes.
How Do I Make a Low Salt Omelette for Breakfast?
In a mixing bowl, add the eggs, water, onion powder, cayenne pepper, kale, tomatoes, and parsley. Scramble with a fork until the egg whites and yolks are mixed with the veggies and spices.
Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add the butter. Once the butter melts, add the egg mixture to the pan.
Cook for 4 minutes until bubbles form at the edges of the omelette, then slide a spatula under half of the eggs, lift, and flip the omelette to the other side. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until cooked.
Serve with additional parsley or pepper for garnish, enjoy!
A Heart-Healthy Vegetarian Breakfast
This low sodium omelette recipe is fantastic vegetarian breakfast that everyone will love. It’s loaded with fresh vegetables, herbs, spices, and good olive oil. It’s a great way to get some extra vegetables onto the table too – with no meat!
Browse all our low sodium vegetarian recipes here for more fresh & delicious dinner ideas. These meatless meals are great to enjoy from breakfast, lunch, dinner, or dessert!
More Low Salt Breakfast Recipes You’ll Love!
Share This Low Sodium Breakfast Recipe
And please feel free to share with your Facebook groups or friends!
Low Sodium Omelette
- Non-Stick Pan
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup kale chopped
- 1/4 cup tomatoes chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Black pepper to taste
- In a mixing bowl, add the eggs, water, onion powder, cayenne pepper, kale, tomatoes, and parsley. Scramble with a fork until the egg whites and yolks are mixed with the veggies and spices.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add the butter. Once the butter melts, add the egg mixture to the pan.
- Cook for 4 minutes until bubbles form at the edges of the omelette, then slide a spatula under half of the eggs, lift, and flip the omelette to the other side. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until cooked.
- Serve with additional parsley or pepper for garnish, enjoy!
Save Money on Fresh Groceries & Pantry Staples!I get all the fresh produce for my recipes from my garden and from Misfits Market – they sell organic produce at a discounted price, and it’s purchased direct from farmers to reduce food waste. We get Misfit boxes every other week and love picking out our favorite seasonal produce for delivery. You can save up to 40% off grocery store prices. If you think produce delivery is too expensive… think again, and give Misfits Market a try!
*Please note, all nutrition content is estimated based on the ingredients we used, it may vary based on your ingredients. Always check your nutrition labels to verify sodium amounts.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases, at no additional cost to you.