This Low Sodium Macaroni Salad is made with bright & fresh vegetables, spices, and a creamy salt-free dressing. A healthy & flavorful alternative to store bought macaroni salad, that tastes amazing with simple herbs and spices.
This salt free macaroni salad has no preservatives either, for a healthy whole side dish. Great for serving alongside lunch, BBQ fare, or just as a side dish with dinner.
Macaroni salad has always been a favorite of mine – I love it in the summertime with a burger, hotdog, or anything coming off the grill. What I don’t love about regular macaroni salad is the amount of sodium, so I wanted to make a healthier salt free & preservative free version!
This macaroni salad gets is amazing flavor from homemade mayonnaise (made without salt!), fresh chopped vegetables, and herbs and spices. It’s a great recipe to bring to your next BBQ, potluck, or cookout – and guess will love it!
This Low Sodium Macaroni Salad Recipe Is:
- Loaded with Vegetables
- Salt Free, Preservative Free
Low Sodium Side Dishes for a Healthier Meal
This low sodium macaroni salad recipe is a fantastic condiment to make without the salt. We’re all about making recipes low sodium when we can. Low sodium cooking does NOT have to be bland, boring, or flavorless… It’s quite the opposite when done right. By building meals around fresh ingredients and bright flavorful spices you can make healthier meals for you and your family. Check out all my low sodium side dish recipes here that are on LowSoRecipes. These easy and healthy recipes are fantastic sides for everyone at your table.
What’s In This Deli-Style Macaroni Salad?
- Onion, Celery, Carrots, Bell Peppers – I get all the fresh produce for my recipes from my garden and from Misfits Market – they sell all organic produce at a super discounted price, and it’s purchased direct from the farmers. We get Misfit Market boxes every other week and love picking out our favorite seasonal produce for delivery. You can get $10 off your first $30 box by clicking here!
If you think organic produce is too expensive… think again, and give Misfits Market a look!
- Ridged Macaroni Noodles – I love the light springy texture of macaroni noodles, they are so perfect for creamy vegetable salad like this! These macaroni noodles are slightly ridged, which helps the creamy dressing stick to the pasta, or any sauces. And for a gluten free version, these awesome GF macaroni pasta noodles work perfect in this recipe.
- Low Sodium Mayonnaise: If you have 5 minutes, you can make this easy low sodium mayonnaise recipe in your blender or food processor! If you’re looking for a store-bought option, this mayo has only 50mg per serving, which is about half the sodium of traditional brands.
- Low Sodium Mustard – my easy mustard recipe is sodium & salt free, which makes it the perfect addition to this recipe. If you want a store-bought version, I like this lower sodium mustard which is great to add to this recipe.
- White Wine Vinegar: not to be confused with normal white vinegar, this white wine vinegar gives this recipe a really nice flavor.
- Granulated Sugar: I like this organic sugar for my recipes, since I don’t use sugar to often, I always get organic sugar for cooking and baking.
- Salt-Free Lemon Pepper Seasoning – this salt free lemon pepper seasoning is one of our favorite low sodium spices! It brings a ton of flavor from real lemon and pepper corns, and is SO good in this recipe.
A Great Make-Ahead Salt Free Side Dish for Entertaining
This low sodium mac salad recipe is fantastic to make ahead of time for a party, potluck, or gathering. Making this recipe in advance allows you to skip any cooking or prep on the day-of. This is a great recipe to entertain with, or bring to an event. A crowd-pleaser that everyone is sure to love! Check out my other make ahead meals too.
How Do I Make Macaroni Salad without Salt?
More Healthy Low Sodium Side Dish Recipes You’ll Love!
Get the Same Ingredients for this Low Sodium Macaroni Salad Recipe
As always, if you make this low sodium macaroni salad recipe be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me @lowsorecipes on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of recipe recreations!
Low Sodium Macaroni Salad
- large mixing bowl
- macaroni noodles
- 2 carrots chopped
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 1/4 cup sweet onion chopped
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- 1 cup parsley chopped
- 1 cup low sodium mayonnaise click for recipe
- 1 tablespoon low sodium mustard click for recipe
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt-free lemon pepper
- Cook macaroni noodles according to package instructions. Drain, rinse in a colander under cool water.
- In a large mixing bowl, add cooked and cooled macaroni noodles, onion, carrots, celery, bell pepper, parsley, low sodium mayo, low sodium mustard, white wine vinegar, sugar, garlic and onion powder, and lemon pepper. Mix well to combine all ingredients. Taste and add an additional teaspoon of vinegar if needed.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
Save Money on Groceries, Pantry Staples, and Home Supplies!I love shopping for healthy groceries and pantry staples through Thrive Market - they sell healthy pantry staples, baking ingredients, all natural beauty products, and fantastic food items (even meat & seafood!) at a discounted price. We get Thrive Market boxes every month and love picking out our favorite low sodium staples for delivery. Join Thrive Market & get 30% off your purchase & a $60 free gift!
*Please note, all nutrition content is estimated based on the ingredients we used, it may vary based on your ingredients. Always check your nutrition labels to confirm amounts.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases, at no additional cost to you.