This low sodium bean salad recipe is a bright and fresh side salad with chickpeas, kidney beans, and green beans a light vinaigrette. This is a great summer BBQ side dish or popular side dish for potlucks.
This easy low sodium salad is made with no-salt-added canned beans, which are a great way to make this simple recipe in minutes. I love bringing this dish as a healthier side dish option to enjoy with dinner.
This low sodium Bean Salad with Vinaigrette is my absolute hands-down favorite bean salad recipe – I’ve tried many, and this one takes the cake! It tastes like a deli bean salad, but it’s healthier with it’s no-salt added dressing you can make at home.
This wonderfully tangy and and sweet bean salad is great for a quick lunch or snack, and goes great with a low sodium burger, low sodium steak, or anything from the BBQ. And like most marinated salads: the beauty of this is that the longer it sits, the yummier it gets!
This Low Sodium Bean Salad with Vinaigrette Is
- Protein Packed
- Fiber Rich
- Made With No Salt Added
A Great Make-Ahead Salt Free Side Dish for Entertaining
This low sodium bean salad recipe is fantastic to make ahead of time for a party, potluck, or gathering. Making this recipe in advance allows you to skip any cooking or prep on the day-of – AND the dressing soaks into the beans making it extra delicious.
This is a great recipe to entertain with, or bring to an event: party, potluck, game day, BBQ, etc. A crowd-pleaser that everyone is sure to love! Check out my other make ahead meals too, for easy low sodium recipes you can prep ahead of time.
What’s In This 3 Bean Salad with Honey Vinaigrette?
I stock up on healthy pantry staples with Thrive Market – they have a fantastic selection of organic pantry items, natural home & beauty products, and great foods for a fraction of grocery store prices! You can save 30% off your first order, and get a $60 free gift by signing up.
- Green Beans, Parsley, Green Onions, Lemon, Bell Pepper
- No Salt Added Chickpeas: one of my favorite pantry staple ingredients! You can use canned chickpeas (I’d highly recommend a low sodium or no salt version), or you can make your own chickpeas from scratch with no salt.
- No Salt Added Kidney Beans: These boxed kidney beans are a really fantastic alternative to canned beans. I only use no salt or low sodium beans which gives this dish a really great flavor without the salt.
- Olive Oil: I like to use this fruity olive oil which has a fantastic flavor and deep color- it’s really inexpensive online here, so I keep a few liters stocked up in my pantry. For the quality of oil, it’s an excellent value, I would highly recommend!
- Apple Cider Vinegar, which gives this dressing a little extra tang which is really fantastic! I love using this organic apple cider vinegar with the mother which has a great flavor. I think it gives a nice extra sweetness and depth.
- Low Sodium Whole Ground Mustard – for a really nice flavor and texture, I love this fancy Whole Grain Mustard. Using a really good mustard makes all the difference, so don’t use the basic yellow stuff for this recipe.
I have made a single batch of this and it doesn’t last long The recipe below makes a huge batch and is great for meal prep. Make once, and enjoy every day of the week.
How do I Make No Salt Added Bean Salad with Vinaigrette?
For the Salad
If using fresh green beans: Wash the fresh green beans and place them in a medium pot with 3/4 cups of water. Place a lid on the beans and steam them for about 6-8 minutes, until they are a bit softer but still have a bit of crunch to them. Once cooled, cut them into bite sized pieces, I’ve found that 3 to 4 pieces per bean is perfect!
If using no-salt-added canned green beans: drain and rinse beans under cold water.
In a large mixing bowl combine the green beans with the chickpeas and kidney beans, drained and rinsed. Chop the yellow bell pepper into small bite sized pieces, and add. Finely chop the parsley and green onion and add to the bowl as well.
For the Dressing
In a pint sized mason jar: juice the lemons, and combine with the rest of the dressing ingredients. Shake until the dressing is a smooth consistency and pour over the bean salad. Cover the salad and place in the fridge for 1 hour (or overnight) so the dressing soaks into the beans. Serve chilled!
A No-Cook Side Side Salad Recipe For Parties and BBQs
This no-cook salt free bean salad is a quick and simple recipe. I love a good no-cook recipe for those days when I’m not feeling like standing around the stove, or for summer nights when it’s too hot to cook. I have a whole collection of recipes that require zero cooking at all, check them out here!
This bean salad comes together in about 10 minutes, and doesn’t require the stove or microwave to make (if you are using no-salt-added canned beans). Just use a few fridge & pantry staple ingredients and you have a healthy meal ready in no time. And very little to clean up afterwards… an added bonus!
Get the Same Ingredients for this Low Salt Three Bean Salad Recipe
As always, if you make this low sodium three bean salad recipe be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag us @lowsorecipes on Instagram so we can feature you. We love seeing all your photos of our recipes!
Low Sodium Bean Salad
- Mixing Bowl
For the Bean Salad
- 2 14-ounce cans No-Salt-Added Chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 2 14-ounce cans dark red kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 2 cups green beans
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- 4 green onions
For the Vinaigrette Dressing
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 lemons juiced about a 1/3 cup
- 2 tbsp no-salt-added ground mustard
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp freshly ground Tellicherry Black Pepper
For the Salad
- If using fresh green beans: Wash the fresh green beans and place them in a medium pot with 3/4 cups of water. Place a lid on the beans and steam them for about 6-8 minutes, until they are a bit softer but still have a bit of crunch to them. Once cooled, cut them into bite sized pieces, I’ve found that 3 to 4 pieces per bean is perfect!
- If using no-salt-added canned green beans: drain and rinse beans under cold water.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the green beans with the chickpeas and kidney beans, drained and rinsed. Chop the yellow bell pepper into small bite sized pieces, and add. Finely chop the parsley and green onion and add to the bowl as well.
For the Dressing
- In a pint sized mason jar: juice the lemons, and combine with the rest of the dressing ingredients. Shake until the dressing is a smooth consistency and pour over the bean salad. Cover the salad and place in the fridge for 1 hour (or overnight) so the dressing soaks into the beans. Serve chilled!
Save Money on Fresh Groceries & Pantry Staples!I get all the fresh produce for my recipes from my garden and from Misfits Market – they sell organic produce at a discounted price, and it’s purchased direct from farmers to reduce food waste. We get Misfit boxes every other week and love picking out our favorite seasonal produce for delivery. You can save up to 40% off grocery store prices. If you think produce delivery is too expensive… think again, and give Misfits Market a try!
*Please note, all nutrition content is estimated based on the ingredients we used, it may vary based on your ingredients. Always check your nutrition labels to verify sodium amounts.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases, at no additional cost to you.