This low sodium coleslaw is a fresh side dish made with cabbage, mayo, vinegar, and spices – no salt added. Great coleslaw for BBQs, potlucks, and parties.
It’s great on a plate loaded up with anything coming off the grill: burgers, hot dogs, or kabobs. This simple make-ahead side dish is ready in just 10 minutes, and requires no cooking!
This fantastic low sodium coleslaw is a tried-and-true family recipe that we serve every time we have a potluck, BBQ, of guests over for grilling. It’s made with coleslaw mix, some simple pantry-staple ingredients, and simple to make ahead.
I make this every chance I get – if coleslaw mix is on sale at the store, I buy a few bags and enjoy this coleslaw throughout the week. The secret to this amazing coleslaw is in the spices that go it – it’s salt free, but still has serious flavor!
This Low Sodium Coleslaw Recipe Is:
- Loaded with Veggies
- Perfectly Spiced, Without Salt!
- A Great Make Ahead Recipe for Guests
Low Sodium Side Dish Recipe for a Healthier Meal
This low sodium coleslaw recipe is a fantastic condiment to make without the salt. We’re all about making recipes low sodium when we can. Low sodium cooking does NOT have to be bland, boring, or flavorless… It’s quite the opposite when done right. By building meals around fresh ingredients and bright flavorful spices you can make healthier meals for you and your family. Check out all my low sodium side dish recipes here that are on LowSoRecipes. These easy and healthy recipes are fantastic sides for everyone at your table.
What’s In This Salt Free Coleslaw Recipe?
- Coleslaw Mix (Cabbage, Carrots) – I get all the fresh produce for my recipes from my garden and from Misfits Market – they sell all organic produce at a super discounted price, and it’s purchased direct from the farmers. We get Misfit Market boxes every other week and love picking out our favorite seasonal produce for delivery. You can get $10 off your first $30 box by clicking here!
If you think organic produce is too expensive… think again, and give Misfits Market a look!
- Low Sodium Mayonnaise: If you have 5 minutes, you can make this easy low sodium mayonnaise recipe in your blender or food processor! If you’re looking for a store-bought option, this mayo has only 50mg per serving, which is about half the sodium of traditional brands.
- White Balsamic Vinegar – this may seem like a very specific ingredient but it is my FAVORITE vinegar! It’s the secret to the perfect coleslaw or kidney bean salad. When I can find this on sale, I stock up! I usually buy Colavita. If you can’t find white balsamic, I’d go with apple cider vinegar instead.
- Garlic Powder: Also a major pantry staple ingredient that gets used in our house daily! I love this garlic powder and add it to a lot of recipes that I would use fresh garlic in too.
- Onion Powder: adds a delicious and savory flavor to this dish as well.
- Granulated Sugar: I like this organic sugar for my recipes, since I don’t use sugar to often, I always get organic sugar for cooking and baking.
- Salt-Free Lemon Pepper Seasoning – this salt free lemon pepper seasoning is one of our favorite low sodium spices! It brings a ton of flavor from real lemon and pepper corns, and is SO good in this recipe.
Great Make-Ahead Salt Free Side Dishes for BBQs
This low sodium mac salad recipe is fantastic to make ahead of time for a party, potluck, or gathering. Making this recipe in advance allows you to skip any cooking or prep on the day-of. This is a great recipe to entertain with, or bring to an event. A crowd-pleaser that everyone is sure to love! Check out my other make ahead meals too.
More Salad Side Dish Recipes You’ll Love
Get the Same Ingredients For this Coleslaw without Salt
As always, if you make this low sodium coleslaw without salt recipe be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me @lowsorecipes on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of recipe recreations!
Low Sodium Coleslaw (No Salt)
- large mixing bowl
- 1 package coleslaw mix 4 cups shredded green cabbage and 1 shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar (you can use apple cider vinegar if you can't find white balsamic, but I highly recommend it!)
- 1/4 cup low sodium mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt-free lemon pepper
- In a large bowl, add all ingredients together and stir until well mixed.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate for at least 4 hours (preferably overnight) to let flavors marry. Serve cold.
Save Money on Fresh Groceries & Pantry Staples!I get all the fresh produce for my recipes from my garden and from Misfits Market – they sell organic produce at a discounted price, and it’s purchased direct from farmers to reduce food waste. We get Misfit boxes every other week and love picking out our favorite seasonal produce for delivery. You can save up to 40% off grocery store prices. If you think produce delivery is too expensive… think again, and give Misfits Market a try!
*Please note, all nutrition content is estimated based on the ingredients we used, it may vary based on your ingredients. Always check your nutrition labels to verify sodium amounts.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases, at no additional cost to you.