This Low Sodium Pizza Sauce recipe is loaded with tomatoes, garlic, herbs, and olive oil – with no added salt or preservatives! This sauce is fantastic on pizzas, or just as a dip for breadsticks or garlic bread.
This no salt added pizza sauce recipe is also no-cook – just add all the ingredients in a bowl, allow the sauce to sit, and enjoy! This goes great on your favorite low sodium pizza crust or even works on pastas (I’ve tried and approved)!
HELLO homemade pizza sauce, now without added salt! This sauce is so crazy delicious and so much healthier than store-bought sauce. I’m a convert, and this sauce is taking our homemade pizza night to a new level. We just got a new grill, and let me tell you – grilled pizza is absolutely amazing! Especially when you make this fresh and delicious sauce from scratch.
This Low Sodium Pizza Sauce Recipe is:
- Packed with tomato flavor: the tomato paste is really the secret to having bright incredible flavors in your pizza sauce.
- Herby: delicious oregano, basil, and rosemary come together for bold Italian flavors in your sauce
- Garlicky: add raw garlic ,minced or pressed
- Made with good for you ingredients: tomato paste, olive oil, herbs, garlic!
- Made with Pantry Staple Ingredients: that you probably already have in your cupboards.
The Best Salt Free Pizza Sauce from Scratch
Low sodium pizza is possible with a few swaps! I make a homemade low sodium pizza crust which is super easy to bake – and always make this delicious from scratch. It’s made with no-salt-added tomato paste for a delicious an rich tomato flavor.
This sauce is really thick- it uses less water than other recipes. Its still deliciously spreadable on the pizza dough, but has a ton of flavor from the concentrated tomatoes
What’s In This No Salt Pizza Sauce?
I stock up on produce with Misfits Market – they have a fantastic selection of in-season fruits & veggies, low so pantry items, and great food finds for a fraction of grocery store prices! You can get $10 off your first $30 box by clicking here!
- Tomato Paste: thickens the sauce with a deep bold tomato flavor. I only use a no salt added tomato paste, so you can control the amount of salt in the dish.
- Olive Oil: I like to use this fruity Zoe olive oil which has a fantastic flavor and deep color- it’s really inexpensive online here, so I keep a few liters stocked up in my pantry. For the quality of oil you get, it’s an excellent value, I would highly recommend!
- Oregano: a spice I always put in my tomato sauces! This dried oregano has a bright and earthy flavor, and goes so well with any toppings you load on.
- Dried Rosemary: Which I find has a more subtle flavor than the fresh rosemary. I crushed mine in a mortar and pestle, but you can use the larger dried leaves of rosemary if you’d like.
- Sweetener of Choice (optional! but I use this Agave Syrup: I really like using this raw organic agave syrup because it’s a natural and sustainable sweetener, plus it is ridiculously inexpensive online so I always keep a few of these bottles in my pantry)
- Garlic Powder: Also a major pantry staple ingredient that gets used in our house daily! I love this garlic powder and add it to a lot of recipes that I would use fresh garlic in too.
Low Sodium Sauces for a Healthier Meal
This low sodium pizza sauce recipe is a fantastic condiment to make without the salt. We’re all about making recipes low sodium when we can. Low sodium cooking does NOT have to be bland, boring, or flavorless… It’s quite the opposite when done right. By building meals around fresh ingredients and bright flavorful spices you can make healthier meals for you and your family. Check out all my low sodium condiment & sauce recipes here that are on LowSoRecipes. These easy and healthy recipes are fantastic meals for everyone at your table.
How Do I Make This Pizza Sauce?
This is the best part: No cooking required!
What Should I Serve with Homemade Pizza?
Share This No Salt Added Pizza Sauce Recipe
And please feel free to share this recipe with your Facebook groups, friends, or family!
Low Sodium Pizza Sauce
- medium mixing bowl
- 1 6 ounce can No-Salt-Added Tomato Paste
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon sweetener of choice optional, I used agave
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- In a medium bowl, mix all ingredients together well to combine. Allow the pizza sauce to sit for at least 2 hours on the counter before using, to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Spread on pizza crust, top with your favorite toppings, and enjoy! Or enjoy as a dip for warm breadsticks or garlic knots.
Save Money on Fresh Groceries & Pantry Staples!I get all the fresh produce for my recipes from my garden and from Misfits Market – they sell organic produce at a discounted price, and it’s purchased direct from farmers to reduce food waste. We get Misfit boxes every other week and love picking out our favorite seasonal produce for delivery. You can save up to 40% off grocery store prices. If you think produce delivery is too expensive… think again, and give Misfits Market a try!
*Please note, all nutrition content is estimated based on the ingredients we used, it may vary based on your ingredients. Always check your nutrition labels to verify sodium amounts.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases, at no additional cost to you.