This low sodium egg salad recipe is a high protein lunch recipe with a sweet twist on classic egg salad. A salt free egg sandwich that is creamy, delicious, and perfect anytime – fresh, crunchy, and simple to make.
This Low Sodium Egg Salad Recipe Is:
- Ready in 10 minutes
- Vegetarian, and Can be made gluten free with gluten free bread.
Low Sodium Lunch Recipes Everyone will Love!
This simple egg salad is low in sodium and couldn’t be easier to make! It’s hearty, filling, inexpensive, and fast. These salt-free lunches are healthier versions of classics that everyone will love. You can browse all our low sodium lunch recipes here for easy weekday ideas or for your next family favorite.
What’s In This Egg Salad Sandwich with Sweet Relish?
I stock up on produce with Misfits Market – they have a fantastic selection of in-season fruits & veggies, low so pantry items, and great food finds for a fraction of grocery store prices! You can get $10 off your first $30 box by clicking here!
- Hard boiled eggs – I use this perfect method for hard-boiling eggs… works like a charm every time – no chipped shells or hard-to-peel eggs.
- Low Sodium Mayonnaise: If you have 5 minutes, you can make this easy low sodium mayonnaise recipe in your blender or food processor! If you’re looking for a store-bought option, this mayo has only 50mg per serving, which is about half the sodium of traditional brands.
- Low Sodium Mustard – my easy mustard recipe is sodium & salt free, which makes it the perfect addition to this recipe. If you want a store-bought version, I like this lower sodium mustard which is great to add to this recipe.
- Cucumber – instead of adding pickles or relish to this recipe (which is a staple in my family’s egg salad) I opted for fresh cucumbers instead.
- Tellicherry Peppercorns: Like the salt, it’s amazing the flavor difference you can get with really good tellicherry black pepper.
- Onion Powder: adds a delicious and savory flavor to this dish as well, and the onion powder is great to add a little onion flavor to this dish… without actual onion.
Healthy Low Sodium Recipes In Under 30 Minutes
This fast egg salad without salt is what I call an Easy Weeknight Meal – which is on your table in under 30 minutes. These quick and simple recipes are perfect for those nights when you want a healthy home-cooked meal but don’t want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen. Browse through our low sodium recipes that take 30 minutes or less, that are great for the whole family. From soups and stews, to pastas and proteins, these simple recipes are quick (and healthier than store-bought)!
How Do I Make This Salt Free Egg Salad?
In a large bowl, add the hardboiled eggs. With a fork, mash the eggs a few times each to break them up into smaller pieces.
Add the celery, cucumber, onion powder, mayonnaise, mustard. Stir well to combine, ensuring the dressing evenly coats the eggs.
Taste and add pepper if desired. Serve on low sodium sandwich bread or a lettuce wrap. Mangia!
More Low Sodium Lunch & Dinner Recipes You’ll Love!
Low Sodium Sloppy Joes Recipe (No Salt Added)
Low Sodium Hummus Recipe (No Salt Added)
Low Sodium Cream of Mushroom Soup
Get the Same Ingredients I Used For This Egg Salad without Salt Recipe
As always, if you make this low sodium egg salad recipe be sure to leave me a comment, rate this recipe, and tag me @theherbeevore on Instagram so I can feature you. I love seeing all your photos of my recipe recreations!
Low Sodium Egg Salad
- Mixing Bowls
- 6 hardboiled eggs shells removed and rinsed
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped cucumbers
- 2 tablespoons low sodium mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon salt free mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Black Pepper to Taste
- In a large bowl, add the hardboiled eggs. With a fork, mash the eggs a few times each to break them up into smaller pieces.
- Add the celery, cucumber, onion powder, mayonnaise, mustard, and sugar. Stir well to combine, ensuring the dressing evenly coats the eggs.
- Taste and add pepper if desired. Serve on low sodium sandwich bread or a lettuce wrap. Enjoy!
Save Money on Fresh Groceries & Pantry Staples!I get all the fresh produce for my recipes from my garden and from Misfits Market – they sell organic produce at a discounted price, and it’s purchased direct from farmers to reduce food waste. We get Misfit boxes every other week and love picking out our favorite seasonal produce for delivery. You can save up to 40% off grocery store prices. If you think produce delivery is too expensive… think again, and give Misfits Market a try!
*Please note, all nutrition content is estimated based on the ingredients we used, it may vary based on your ingredients. Always check your nutrition labels to confirm amounts.
Let’s keep in touch – make sure to sign up for my newsletter to get fresh recipes weekly. And don’t forget to follow over on Pinterest, Instagram , & Twitter– I’d love to connect with you there!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I may earn from qualifying purchases, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting the brands that support us!